MEDC’s P-DB4 loudspeakers are intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. They have a power rating of up to 25 watts and are suitable for use in all gas groups including hydrogen.
The flame paths, flare and body are manufactured completely from a UV stable glass reinforced polyester. Stainless steel screws and sinter are incorporated thus ensuring a corrosion free product.
Hazardous Area Speakers & Ringers carried by Guardian Telecom meet the rigorous demands of applicable environments while maintaining the appropriate safety standards. Hazardous Areas are divided into two divisions:
“An area where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids can exist all of the time or some of the time under normal operation conditions.” (NEC/CEC)
“Where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids are not likely to exist under normal operation conditions.” (NEC/CEC)
Guardian Telecom manufactures supplies and distributes a wide selection of Explosion Proof, Hazardous Area, ATEX-IEC and General Area Ringers and loudspeakers from leading manufacturers around the world to meet the unique demands of Industrial Communication projects.
Guardian’s represents DNH, E2S, Federal Signal, MEDC and TOA, and has access to an extensive range of other world class leading manufacturers.
Guardian trained and qualified personnel work with customers to specify individual product or total project solutions and make informed purchasing decisions based on budget, technology, applications and relevant standards.
- Manufactured by MEDC
- Rated for Class I, Division 2; Class II, Division 2; Class I, Zone 1
- 15/25W models with long flare
- 8W model with short flare
- UL listed for USA and Canada
- CSFM and ATEX approved
- Transformer coupled
- 25 or 70Vrms
- 400Hz to 8kHz frequency range
- Up to two 1/2 inch NPT conduit openings
- NEMA 4x and 6, IPP66 & IPP67
- Body and horn in anti-static, UV stable, glass reinforced polyester
- GRP corrosion-free flamepaths
- 109dBA at 25 watts at 10 feet (3m)
- 8, 15 and 25 watt versions
- Power tappings, via integral transformer
- Stainless steel ratcheted swivel bracket and captive cover screws
- Stainless steel sinter
- Stainless steel mounting bracket
- Tapered flamepath
- Operating temperature -67°F to +158°F (-55°C to +70°C)
- Order number: P-DB4
- Access & Security
- Amusement Parks
- Auditoriums & Theaters
- Correctional Institute
- Galleries & Museums
- Help Point
- Infrastructure & Manufacturing
- Public Safety
- Recreation & Amusement
- Recreation Facilities